VP OF SALES SaaS Avionics Tools
About the Company
Our client: who is a pioneer of real-time aircraft data analytics and software products.
They developed a variety of SaaS tools with advanced algorithms & data streams to uncover hidden efficiencies which enable their customers to operate more efficiently and reduce their environmental footprints.
Have you worked within/sold to: The aviation & technology sector which includes cloud computing, avionics, NASA technologies, and/or inflight connectivity systems that have a challenging operating environment?
Do you have deep sales experience selling SaaS solutions into the Airline industry (United, American, British, Southwest, etc.), if so then this is a position you should look at.
Key point: This role is not for someone to come in and then learn the Airlines industry or take the time to build relationships into that sector, I need a Pro that has those relationships and history or selling to the Major Airlines day one. If your not that person then this role is not for you.
Our VP of Sales will: plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee all sales activities, on a global basis, while meeting all quotas and objectives.
Additionally, you will act as liaison between both the product and engineering groups to convey product requirements, development opportunities, and product feedback derived from customer and partner engagements.
In this role you will report to executive leadership and the board of directors.
About the Role
• Builds and maintains sales pipeline
• Sells Company products on a global basis to airlines
• Answers inquiries and questions from customers related to ongoing use of products, and other related information
• Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership team to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on leads, sales, and industry opportunities.
• Does business development deals with airline-related companies to facilitate the sales of the company’s products
• Establishes and administers the department’s budget
• Maintains and distributes within the company, knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organization’s industry
Compensation is based on DOE: $170 to $200k base plus attractive commision structure. Estimated OTE based on sales plan could range to $600k.
This posting is not a offer of employment
• Minimum 6+ years selling SaaS based solutions into the Major Airline industry
• Extensive knowledge of the airline industry operations, dispatch, and pilot operations
• Extensive aviation and software knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
• Proficient with Salesforce, HubSpot, or other major CRM platforms
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong executive level network and contacts within the airline industry
• This is an FTE executive role and you must be able to travel 70 to 80%+ plus come to our Seattle HQ on a frequent basis (at least in the begining)