About the Company
Dir. of Human Resources opening with a wonderful client located in Mukilteo that has been solving construction/engineering and service issues for customer in the PNW for the past 100 years. Many employees are here for well over 10+ yrs. If your looking for an employer that takes care of its employees this is the place.
About the Role
Summary: Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, including recruiting, training, performance coaching, organizational development, DEI, benefits administration, employee misconduct investigations, unemployment hearings, drug testing, driver program, and employee relations.
Compensation: Base pay range is up to $150k plus a 10% bonus Full medical dental with a variety of other attractive employment incentives
This job posting is not an offer to hire, all candidates and offers are based on experience
Essential Job Functions:
1. Plan, organize and control activities of the department. Develop department goals, objectives, and systems.
2. Supervise full- time HR Assistant and Training Coordinator including quarterly/ annual coaching and Incentive Compensation Plan goal setting and review.
3. Administer health insurance benefit program providing support for employee inquiries and issues involving medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, flexible spending, and COBRA plans. Investigate new benefits programs (e.g., self-insurance or partial self-insurance) and improve existing programs.
4. Oversee exempt and non-exempt recruiting including maintenance of the JobTarget job posting and applicant tracking system, attending college job fairs & project tours, job posting and advertising, resume screening, interview scheduling, administration of the Caliper report and skills testing, in-person and phone behavioral interviewing, reference checking, coordination of recruiters, final selection, and job offer process to fill vacant positions.
5. Write/ update Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
6. Administer performance coaching program using Performance Pro platform to ensure process effectiveness, adequate training, compliance, and equity within the organization.
7. Provide training in areas of company policy, State and Federal employment law compliance, leadership, and supervisory skills.
8. Conduct new hire orientations including harassment policy training.
9. Assist Training Coordinator with Onboarding program and Viewpoint Employee Portal updates.
10. Provide employee relations counseling.
11. Advise department managers of Company policy and best business practices regarding employee performance coaching, employment law (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FLSA), and employee relations.
12. Investigate harassment, discrimination and other employee complaints and recommend appropriate resolution. Manage sensitive employee situations to ensure company compliance with Federal & State laws.
13. Create and maintain company and department reports/ records including permanent personnel, ADA and work performance coaching files.
14. Oversee benefits administration, drivers’ abstracts, and drug testing programs.
15. Oversee and assist HR Assistant’s processing of background checks (including Goodhire.com, Amazon Accurate Background, Swedish Vendormate, and Microsoft Truescreen) and tracking of COVID vaccination status for all UMC employees.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services including recruiting assistance, legal employment law assistance, temporary employees, background checks, and unemployment claim administration.
2. Collaborate with community colleges and trade schools to recruit and hire minority and female job candidates. Work internally on women’s issues and DEI training.
3. Provide public information such as verifying employment and providing references.
4. Prepare claim defense and represent company in unemployment claim appeal hearings.
5. Serve as EEO specialist and develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 annually and maintain other reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
6. Analyze all job positions to determine essential job functions, mental/ physical requirements, lifting requirements and environmental/ work conditions, and create ADA- conforming job descriptions.
7. Conduct exit interviews. Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation.
Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, employees or general public.
2. Ability to write reports, manuals, job descriptions and policies/ procedures.
3. Ability to investigate & respond to a variety of situations in accordance with State and Federal employment laws
4. Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with discretion and confidentiality.
Supervise HR Assistant.
Education Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
1. Bachelors Degree or 5-7 years Human Resources management- related experience.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. SPHR or PHR preferred.
2. Maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.