Sr. Software Engineering Mgr Web-Cloud applications
We are searching for an immediate FTE placement of a Sr. Software Engineering Manager for our client who is a leader in (AI) Artificial Intelligence Research Technology that creates tools to empower researchers to be efficient in getting their products to production, as well keeping them in compliance.
This group you would work in is on the cutting edge of tech and you would be working with some of the top computer scientist researchers in the world.
Many of the projects within this group are working on technologies that 3 to 5 years out
We are looking for someone that is or has:
- Solid experience with Azure and or AWS web applications.
- Passionate and depth on Development process and managing people.
- Proven record of managing Developers
- Implemented Agile from scratch.
- Wants to own the system end to end
- Dealing with leading technology due to the R&D side of this group supporting a global company (AI, VR, tech that is 3 to 5 yrs out)
Responsibilities of this role
- Manage dev team, including devs, testers, and support
- Establish and enforce processes across the dev team to help standardize and streamline the development process
- Manage vendor contracts to ensure that projects/priorities can be accomplished
- Establish and drive DevOps practices such as quality assurance and build & release management
- Scope existing and incoming projects
- Structures the group in a way that is best-suited to the product/service design and maximizes efficiency
- Delegates work across his or her teams to build capability breadth and depth
- Promotes a culture in which team members
- Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved
- Promotes a positive team environment by modeling behavior that promotes good morale.
- Is accountable for the team’s morale and mentors team.
- Leads key processes, such as team and triage meetings, prioritizes work across teams, and rebalances priorities to respond to changes.
- Removes barriers to the teams
- Promotes a team culture of quality and ensures that the teams
- Makes difficult decisions to meet shipping goals.
- Defines the engineering lifecycle for the team or organization and leads lifecycle improvements, over successive releases.
- Leads design and code reviews across the feature area, understands the root causes of issues, and finds ways to resolve them.
- All development assignments are for internal use within the company vs. external customer facing
- 10 yrs of industry experience in a developer/development role.
- 5 yrs Manage team of 8 to 10 devs
- 5 yrs Agile Methodology/SDLC
- 5 yrs HTML 5, SQL
- 5 yrs Experience with C#, Azure, and Visual Studio Online
- 5 yrs Solid understanding of technology and cloud architecture such as AWS or Azure.
- 5 yrs Dev Architecture skill set history around building web apps
- 5 yrs in Development around internal tools innovation and implementation
- Demonstrable communication skills to communicate within the development team and across other teams.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- A desire to always be improving the processes within the team.
- Past success in demonstrating your ability to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders while generating energy, creating clarity and delivering results to the team and broader organization
- Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree, or preferred Master’s, or 10 years+ equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience of development processes and cloud technologies.
- Strong development/coding skills.
- Interest in learning about new technologies.
- Base range on this position is between: $150k and $185k DOE and your interviews
- Other compensation is an annual bonus as well possible signing bonus and stock options
- No H1b’s will be considered for this position, only US or Canadian citizenship need apply