Our client who is a global leader in Cloud services is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer to be a part of their Certificate Services team that is at a scale of platforms and services we are building that are among the largest in the world by far.
From core cloud computing platform development to the services running on them, we do it all.
The Certificate Services team is investing in building a Cloud scale Certificate Service which is aimed at being the cornerstone of cloud security.
Security is constantly evolving, and we need software engineers who aspire to be at the forefront of it building core security services to secure the modern cloud. Do you bring clarity, create energy, and enjoy driving results? Are you passionate about how to help make the (digital) world a safer place? Then, come join us in the transformational journey of cloud security.
This team and the objective: is to hire a Senior Software Engineer who will transform how our cloud engineers manage, distribute and automate handling of digital certificates; a cornerstone of digital security. Eliminating manual interventions in managing digital certificates significantly reduces security risks.
Our core intuitive: is aimed at building a single point of access for human operators and services dealing with digital certificates, i.e. creating, deploying and managing certificates.
The vision: is to be the Registration Authority for all the certificate authorities used in our cloud.
This cloud certificate service is a critical component for isolating our cloud services from being managed by our corporate identities. The net outcome of all these investments is to ensure that our Cloud Management Environment in one of the most secure cloud environments.
• Create and execute on the development plan for building our Cloud Public Key Infrastructure as a public Certificate Authority
• Create and execute on the development plan for building our Cloud cert as the Registration Authority in our Cloud PKI.
• Scale and performance testing as our Cloud cert is expanded to all of our Cloud services.
• Security detection and monitoring.
• Reducing onboarding cost along with Cloud Site improvements.
• Build and innovate critical cloud security services powering the future of secure cloud computing.
• Create and manage security services with an Assume Breach mindset enabling detection and response of targeted attacks and persistent adversaries.
• Analyze complex authorization and authentication problems, identify and design solutions, and make high-impact improvements in close collaboration with other engineers both across the business divisions and throughout the company
• Develop large-scale integrated security services with enterprise-class quality and utilize your design, customer obsession, and communication skills to bring great experiences for all users.
A couple of important aspects to this role:
The PKI engineer: one who looks at the Windows (or other OS) based certificate services and deploys in an organization, designs the solution end to end and ensures it works. That’s seen as a Service engineering role and not needed for this role.
The PKI Engineer who is a developer, someone who designs and implements new services for certificates, including services that issue/renew certs, services for OCSP and Certificate Transparency, etc. This is what we require for this role to be successful
• 4+ year of software development experience. (You must be a Development and Ship expert)
• 2+ years of Cloud services development experience.
• 3+ years in C# or C++ and it must be current and excellent in skillset
• Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas.
• Demonstrated excellence in coding, code review and technical communication documentation.
• BS in Computer Science (must have)
• Experience with ASP.NET MVC Core.
• Experience with Cryptography (Preferred)
• Experience with OCSP and Certificate Transparency (Preferred)
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability
• Strong customer focus and data driven approach -End-to-end Delivery & Innovation
• Agility in fast paced environment Ability to meet company, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Compensation: Base pay range is from $164k to $195k DOE (full package can range upwards of $250k DOE)
• Plus Annual Bonus, One time signing Bonus, Company stock, and excellent benefits
• Only US or Canadian Citizenship or Green card need apply.
• No H1b’s, or contractors
• Also this role requires you to live in or near the Seattle metropolitan area.
• Relocation can be offered depending on the quality of the candidate.