This special team (working inside one the world’s largest Clouds) is the Intelligent Threat Detection team for Cloud Security. We study cyber-security attack patterns, and develop systems that can detect these attacks with the core responsibility to detect threats against our Cloud Services. The team consists of 5 devs (including the manager and a data scientist) working with 3 PMs.
Our objectives in the short term is to set example for technical excellence and engineering best practices in the team by building a highly scalable threat detection system. Longer term, develop a deep understanding of domain knowledge in cyber-security and machine learning.
The client’s team of Security Development professionals build and operate cloud-native applications and secure and protect them and the infrastructure they run on.
This team protects their customers and their data across the world and secure the Cloud.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
• We would like to hire an experienced senior full stack developer.
• Our area is the intersection of cloud scale computing, cyber-security, and machine learning.
• We don’t expect candidates with deep expertise in cyber-security and machine learning (but it would be nice if they had that)
• You are passionate about Security, ML and building distributed and highly available services in the Cloud. We are a tight-knit community of engineers who work together to solve design, research and coding challenges.
• You will own the system design and implementation of a highly scalable threat detection system and sustainably building and running cloud services for this specific team.
• Emphasis on having a healthy live site and while our services support millions of assets and hundreds of customers, our services’ health and live site cadence is super healthy
• Finding threats inside of their Cloud utilizing ML to learn if these threats are real and be able to do this across the entire Cloud
• Learn about the latest attack patterns by partnering with cyber-security professionals.
• Build threat detection solutions with help from data scientists and machine learning experts and Scale these solutions such that they can be applied to the entire Clients Cloud.
• Scale development of a product at global cloud level to take detection to the next stage
Minimum Qualifications: (must have skills)
• 8+ years full stack software development experience shipping customer facing products or online services.
• Proven technical leadership experience driving sound architecture, clean design, and highly scalable implementations in an agile engineering environment.
• Good understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms, as well as principles of object oriented design.
• Object oriented coding skills in C#, C++, or Java, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging skills, with ability to quickly understand unfamiliar code bases.
• Experience with big data and cloud based distributed systems.
• Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to the final product running at scale.
• Passion for quality and engineering excellence with experience designing and implementing unit and integration tests.
Preferred qualifications: (these are bonus skills, not required but help)
• Building secure, distributed and scalable services
• Microservices Architecture
• Developing scalable applications using Databricks, Apache Spark, or AWS-Azure environment.
• Coding skills in C# and .NET Core and within a AWS or Azure platform
• Familiar with Python or Scala and machine learning libraries
• Expertise in cyber-security and networking stack is a plus.
• Experience developing APIs using RESTful methodologies.
• Knowledge and passion for Agile development practices and Test Driven Development
• Client side software development expertise in networking applications under Windows or Linux.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science with emphasis on cybersecurity
Compensation: (All based on DOE)
• Base Range: $164k to $195k
• Plus: Signing bonus, Annual Bonus tied to your base and Company stock
• Plus some of the best benefits (Medical Dental) offered in this local
Position is open to US or Canadian Citizens as well GC holders and H1b’s that can be transferred. No contractors or remote, this position is a FTE role which you would have to relocate and client will cover some or all of those costs.