Our clients Cloud is undergoing explosive growth as customers around the world realize the benefits of moving their services and applications to the cloud. Security is the foremost concern for our customers as they move their services outside their datacenters.
The charter of this Security group is to ensure that their Global Cloud is the most secure and resilient cloud platform.
We are responsible for:
• System integrity and health attestation
• Encryption and data protection
• Identity and access management
• Secrets/key management and other security capabilities for their Cloud platform running at cloud scale.
If you are looking for a challenge and passionate about protecting customer’s assets in the cloud, this security team has the right role for you!
Your Responsibilities are:
• Our Cloud Disk Encryption is a customer facing “Encryption at Rest” service for encrypting Windows and Linux IaaS virtual machine disks.
• The Cloud Disk Encryption leverages the industry standard BitLocker feature of Windows and the DM-Crypt feature of Linux to provide volume encryption for the OS and the data disks and is integrated with Cloud Key Vault to manage the keys and secrets.
• The role requires a Senior Developer to act as a technical lead to: Define, Architect, and Extend Cloud disk encryption feature coverage for external customers.
• Linux adoption is rapidly growing within our Cloud and protecting the Cloud would be incomplete without it.
• Other duties include:
o Specialize on Linux, develop new drivers
o Core member of a fast-paced environment
o Build core security technologies and apply them to the cloud scale
o Primary responsibilities are to design, code, test, support and release new features that will help ensure there Cloud is the most secure cloud operating system in the world.
• You have a strong history of software design and implementation and are able to deal with ambiguity, deliver in an agile environment with strict timelines, willing to learn and adopt new technologies/industry trends and have good cross group collaboration skills. We are serious about customer focused engineering, agility and quality.
Minimum requirements: (Must have’s)
• 5+ years of C, C++, C# and or Python software development experience in a product group.
• 4+ Proficiency in common Linux scripting languages such as Python, Go, NodeJS.
• 4+ Linux OS
• 3 years Cloud services (Security preferred)
Preferred Qualifications: (Bonus skills)
• Strong design and development experience that includes development in C++/C/C#, preferably with distributed programming models.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
• Passion in building and designing very large-scale systems; prior experience in building large scale online systems is a big plus.
• Successful track record of having delivered cloud computing and virtualization based services to customers.
• Knowledge of the Linux and Windows kernel and experience in developing drivers.
• Familiarity with a wide range of distributions (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, SLES, etc.) and their unique package management, licensing, and usages.
• Fluency in Linux file system concepts (LVM, RAID, DM-crypt, ext4, GRUB, etc.).
• Demonstrated competency in using or contributing to open source software projects on sites like Github and Gitlab.
• Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
• Experience in Windows client, server OS security and applied cryptography is a strong plus. Ability to go deep in security features.
• Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment is critical to success.
• Ability to triage customer request/requirements, prioritize it and implement and iterate with customer for feedback.
Base range only: $164k to $197k Plus Signing bonus, Plus annual bonus, Plus company traded stock and some of the best benefits available in our State. Your overall comp could easily be over $200k+ per year all DOE.
Applicants that can apply: US & Canadian Citizens, Green Card Holders and H1b’s that are transferable. No contractors or remote applicants.