Our client who is one of the top research organizations in the world is looking for an exceptional Privacy Manager to join our small team supporting Artificial Intelligence & Research Incubation org. and you would be core to the Release and Compliance team.
The mission is to enable AI-R&I to be the value creation engine within the core company by providing a comprehensive privacy program that enables innovation while ensuring our privacy compliance obligations are met. Our small team supports research across the globe in driving advances in research areas, such as, AI, Health & Genomics & Quantum computing.
You are a self-directed Senior Privacy SME. You would work with other teams to identify privacy implications and creative solutions
You will support the overall privacy compliance program, work with other compliance partners, and partner with release managers and research groups to perform privacy impact assessments.
You will drive projects and solutions that help ensure the Privacy compliance program aligns to our external obligations, stakeholder expectations and business needs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Highly technical privacy reviews
- Developing or improving tools and processes to ensure compliance
- Driving program improvements to support new requirements EU Data Privacy regulation (e.g. GDPR)
- Supporting privacy training and awareness programs
- You’ll also need the technical acumen to engage directly with development and research teams in identifying and assessing privacy risk and recommend privacy by design implementation guidance
- Partner with research teams as a subject matter expert during design/planning stages to help ensure privacy by design practices
- Conduct technical deep-dive privacy impact assessments to evaluate any concerns pre-release
- Ensure releases comply with the all internal privacy standards and work with stakeholders to develop customized implementation guidelines for the division where needed
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide proactive privacy guidance to teams
- Identify and drive decisions by appropriately escalating privacy issues
- Help build and support a network of privacy champions across the division in order to scale the program in delivering assessments and training
- Educate teams on privacy in a way that is clear and relevant to researchers and engineers
- Understand emerging issues and apply that in day-day work.
Must have Minimum Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the EU Data Privacy regulation “GDPR” and how to apply within a technology scenario
- 4+ years privacy review experience, and experience drafting policy for emerging issues
- 4+ years scorecard/reporting experience
- A passion for deeply understanding customer needs, protecting customer rights and enabling the business
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent
- Proven experience working with legal and regulatory affairs teams translating privacy requirements and regulations into actionable engineering plans
Expected skills associated with the minimum required skills listed above:
- Demonstrated project management excellence in medium-large scale projects including managing a scope, schedule and budget
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies in order to identify and mitigate likely privacy risks
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- BS/MS in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
Like to have additional Qualifications:
- 3+ years technical PM experience, and experience in research and/or shipping features or services
- Current or past expertise in or with: Technical Security and Professional experience in Security and Engineering, Consultation, or Security testing
- PMP certification
- Experience working in or around ML-AI and research environments
Other key info on this role and compensation:
- Minimal to no travel required
- This is an individual contributor as part of a small team, you are expected to manage yourself
- You are required to be in the office, this is not a work from home role (Bellevue area)
- Base Comp range is: $120 to $160k depending on a multiple of factors as well DOE
- Benefits are outstanding and could include company stock, again all based on DOE, etc.
- Please apply only if you meet the minimum requirements, thank you