Be a part of ground breaking innovation in one of the top Artificial Intelligence Research organizations in the world.
You are an exceptional Technical Security Compliance Developer and being part of the Security Compliance team supporting our clients Research & Incubation (R&I) organization.
Their mission is to enable R&I to be the value creation engine for our client by providing a comprehensive release program that enables innovation while ensuring our information and services are protected.
This team supports research teams across the globe in driving advances in research areas, such as AI, Quantum computing and Cryptography. If you enjoy being part of what’s next in research and technology, and partnering with researchers and engineering teams to build secure and creative solutions, then read further.
This is a trusted advisor role where you will be expected to enhance the security compliance program and evangelize security as a research enabler and differentiator by utilizing your development and coding skills. You will be working side by side with other compliance partners, conducting technical security assessments in support of company-wide compliance objectives for security controls.
You’ll be responsible for driving projects and solutions (around dev) that help ensure that AI and Research security collectively aligns to our broader organizational obligations, as well as stakeholder expectations and business needs.
You have a passion for Security Dev, with a strong desire in data analysis and solid capabilities in software engineering, with a proven track record of driving process, tooling and automation improvements based on this analysis.
You will get to work closely with compliance SMEs, the Release Program owners, and the best researchers around the globe, so the right individual will have a strong business acumen and be open to a growth-oriented collaborative workstyle.
You will have the freedom to work independently, be thrust into ambiguous learning experiences and be empowered to drive decisions and solutions to protect this organization, so this person must be agile, willing to learn and not afraid to fail fast.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with research teams as a security subject matter expert during design/planning stages to help ensure Security requirements are designed and meet compliance objectives.
- Facilitate technical deep-dives and security threat model assessments to evaluate any concerns pre-release.
- Conduct application security reviews & Penetration Testing activities in support of releases
- Ensure releases comply with the all internal security development Lifecycle (SDL) and Operational Security Assurance (OSA) standards.
- Work with stakeholders to develop customized implementation guidelines for the division where needed
- Develop tools and automation in support of review and data collection activities.
- Build data visualizations and dashboards in support of security compliance needs.
- Handle incident response activities; coordinate teams, and help triage and handle vulnerabilities and reported events
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide proactive security guidance to teams
- Identify and drive decisions by appropriately escalating security issues
- Educate teams on security practices and requirements that are relevant and adoptable by researchers and engineers
- Understand emerging issues and apply that in day-day work
- A passion for deeply understanding customer needs, protecting customer data and enabling the business
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientated, self-motivated, and resourceful
Must have minimum qualifications:
2+ years hands-on Programming or Data science experience in one of more of the following:
- R (open source)
1+ years Data Query and Machine Learning experience
1+ years in any operational security related field experiences, including but not limited to:
- Identity management
- Information protection
- Threat detection
- Incident response
1+ years of one of more of the following:
- Azure Data Lakes
- Cosmos DB
Application Security: Experience with common classes of software vulnerabilities such as:
- Buffer overflows
- Cross-site scripting
- Cross-site request forgery
- SQL injection
- Cryptographic weaknesses
- 2+ year’s professional experience in data science, machine learning, reporting and data visualization practices.
- 2+ years professional experience in security consulting or in a dedicated security function
- 2+ years professional program management experience building software solutions
- BA/BS/MS in data science, computer science or security, -or- related field and work experience equivalent to 3-5 years specialization in Security, development or data science engineering security industry accepted
- Certifications (CISSP, A+, CEH)
Other key info on this role and compensation:
- This is an individual contributor as part of a small team, you are expected to manage yourself
- Base Comp range is: $120 to $160k depending on a multiple of factors as well DOE
- Please apply only if you meet the minimum requirements, thank you
- Benefits are outstanding and could include company stock, again all based on DOE, etc.
- You are required to be in the office, this is not a work from home role (Redmond area)
- Minimal to no travel required