Our client who is a leader in Secure Key Management which is essential to protect data in the cloud. There Cloud Vault solution encrypts keys and small secrets like passwords that use keys stored in hardware security modules (HSMs). As a major leader in Cloud & Artificial Intelligence, there Security Division builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational “dial-tone” platforms in the cloud to the systems that back offerings like Threat Protection and Cloud Information Protection.
• The position for immediate hire is for a Principal DevOPS Software Engineering Manager. This is a Fulltime position located in the Bellevue/Redmond area and requires you be on site daily.
• We work as a team of 10 to 15 DevOPS across development, program management, security, and ML specialists delivering services which involve classification, protection, detection, and remediation against adapting and evolving threats.
• Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality, so anything done to ease the path to secure, reliable, and effective features released for our customer is critical.
• Our mission in the Cloud & AI Security Division’s DevOPS team is to optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity.
• DevOPS handles bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview.
• As a hands on Manager that can not only lead a team of engineers (10 to 15) design and deliver software improving the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services but also be able to dev when needed.
• Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
• Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Conduct and manage periodic on call duties (on an as needed basis).
• Recruiting and developing a team of experienced technical engineers.
• About 15% travel per year
• 5+ years programming in a high-level object oriented language (C# preferred) Your development skills are important more around code reviews and working with your team vs. doing coding
• 3+ years testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS, FB or similar environments
• 5+ years performing code reviews with your team and others group leaders
• 5+ years solid understanding of the OSI stack (all layers)
• 2+ years people leadership experience
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
• A passion for building and taking part in highly effective teams and development processes
• Capable of technical deep-dives into networking, service design, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to engage in strategy discussions with leadership team members
• Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
• Strong debugging, testing / validation, and analytic skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with people from a variety of technical backgrounds
• Security/Crypto/and or a Security Clearance (past or present)
• Big data experience (e.g. Hadoop)
• Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements
Compensation and other:
• Base range is $175k to $220k DOE
• Plus: Company Stock, Signing Bonus, Annual Bonus & incredible benefits add all this together and you have a very nice comp package
• No travel
• Client will compensate full or partial relocation if required
• Must have US, Canadian Citizenship or Green card, no H1b’s/EAD, etc.
• Job Type: Full-time (no contractors, 1099’s or work from home candidates need apply)
• Salary: $175,000.00 to $220,000.00 /year “plus” signing bonus, stock, & annual bonus, etc. which can push this well into the mid to upper $200k level