Great opportunity to work for a successful startup within a Global Cloud Provider and have the excitement to add your DNA to the product as it improves how companies operate and manage their business while working from home with light travel as a individual contributor
You are passionate about infrastructure as code and the cloud
Strong Azure & AWS background and motivated by the elegant coordination of tools to deliver repeatable and secure design patterns for cloud infrastructure.
Learning different programing languages, you’ve become familiar with tools to streamline the deployment of virtual infrastructure.
You are passionate about containerized and portable infrastructure code. An expert at writing orchestration code for tool sets ( Chef , Docker, Jenkins, etc.), you understand the value of building security into DevOps infrastructure.
- Is driven by customer satisfaction and our culture founded in a growth mindset
- They have showed a 300% revenue growth last year and are proud to work with well-established companies like Whirlpool, Marc Jacobs, IEEE, Adidas, and are profitable!
- Their vision is to bring a Fast-IT approach, tool & team to our customers and rapidly deliver high added value apps to help them get things done faster and unlock their business processes
- You’ll be joining the Global Software Center aka GSC team based in Sunnyvale, CA and other locations including Las Vegas, and NYC
- We focus on selling & implementing our clients “Platform-as-a-Service for Enterprise and SMB accounts”
- This employer has an online IDE with a graphical environment to configure front-end web-forms and back-end logic with emphasis on workflows/BPM and integration end-points
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in driving projects
- Working with colleagues remotely (R&D software engineers, develops, customer solution engineers)
- Part of a small team in a small company or small team (20people) in a bigger organization
- Analyze issues fast and act quickly is a Core requirement
- The software tool(s) is a PaaS – Platform as a Service
- Our designers building apps on top of the platform will leverage similar skills as web app designers: building front end forms and workflow back end logic
- For our software’s R&D + DevOps employee to better understand how our products works behind the curtain, it will utilize java, mongoDB, SQL, AWS tools (current infrastructure) and devops tools (including Ansible, Chef, Capistrano and fleet for CoreOS) knowledge. Our product isn’t running yet on an Azure infrastructure that’s where you come in!
- It’s running on AWS for now, and we’re looking for a candidate to help us deploy our product to Azure as well.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy and document application, system, or infrastructure software
- Provide integration and deployment tools and scripts
- Build software to meet the needs of the business using the correct tools for the job, working within the overall system architecture
- Use software engineering best practices, programming skills in a broad range of tools and languages
- Build and maintain applications and websites using tools appropriate to the task, using broad understanding of technology platforms
- Ensure applications and websites clearly operate to the agreed upon SLAs for the business requirements
Must have skills:
- 1 year Azure and at least 1 year XP Global DevOps XP (Azure, AWS):
- 3 years XP Core skills
- Expert to Moderate level on Ansible, Chef, Capistrano and fleet for CoreOS
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps
- Familiar with OS running on Linux/Unix platforms
- Exposure working on agile/scrum delivery teams
- Good analytical Problem-solving skills
- BS or higher degree in CS, Engineering, MIS, Mathematics, EE or related discipline or equivalent
- 3-5 years in Dev Ops, 10+ years total work experience
Like to have skills:
- Experience deploying complex environments to AWS and Azure
- Recent experience with C#, SQL
- Continuous Integration
- Amazon Web Services
- Automated Deployment
- MS Build
- Experience and passion for SCRUM development practices desired
Other job information:
- Work from home with some travel (Sunnyvale to corporate (Presales, Delivery teams) and to Paris (for training/R&D) and also be part of team building events/dinners.
- Prefer candidates in Seattle/Portland area will consider other locations based on qualified candidate
- Base range is $120 to $140k DOE / MBO’s
- Other compensation options depending on quality of candidate
- 401k, Medical, etc.Vacation and other perks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Ansible, Chef, Capistrano and fleet for CoreOS experience do you have?
- How many years of Azure & AWS Dev Ops experience do you have?
- How many years of Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps experience do you have?
- How many years of OS running on Linux/Unix platforms experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s?